The Nerf Disk Shot is a great way to kill some time with some friends when the weather is too crappy to go outside or your thumbs are sore from video games, but as with all things, playing with targets is no substitute for playing with real live people.
The Nerf N-Strike Disk Shot is basically an indoor skeet shooting machine, and it’s a lot of fun.
Before I bought the Disk Shot, I halfway expected that I would need someone to ‘pull’ (like at a shooting range). Thankfully, this is not the case. You control when the foam disks shoot from the launcher with a controller that attaches to your gun.
Table of Contents
- Nerf Disk Shot
- Best Nerf Guns For 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 Year Old Kids – Top Rated Guns Collection
- Top 10 Best Nerf Pistols Review – (The Best Nerf Pistols Ever!)
- Best Nerf Guns in the World – Which Blaster is Worth Your Money?
- Best (Original) Nerf Bow and Arrows For 4, 5, 6 Year Old Kids
- Best Nerf Rivals For Nerf Wars – Review & Guides Which One is Best?
- Best NERF Darts for Nerf Blasters – (Cheap, Powerful & Accurate!) Bulk
- Nerf N Strike Elite Rhino Fire Blaster – Nerf Double Barrel Machine Gun
- Nerf Rival Prometheus MXVIII-20K Review – Best Nerf Rival Gun
- Best Battery Powered Nerf Guns For Your Children (Machine Guns)
- Best Nerf Snipers Rifles With Scope & Guns (Long Range) All Nerf Snipers
- Infinus Nerf N-Strike Elite Toy Motorized Blaster – Best Automatic Nerf Gun
Nerf Disk Shot
- Series: Nerf N Strike
- Capacity: 1 dart
- Range: 20-25 feet
- Year Released: Unknown
I really only have two gripes with the Nerf Disk Shot:
- You really need to have 10-foot ceilings, as the disks shoot a good 9+ feet in the air. One solution for people with shorter ceilings is to set up the launcher at the bottom of the stairs and pick off the disks from the top.
- The Nerf Disk Shot launcher is loud. I don’t really mind the “natural” sounds of the launcher, but the beeping can get on your nerves a bit when someone else in the house is playing. However, this problem can generally be solved if you just grab your Raider or Vulcan and go start a war. In fact, I recommend this method for solving most of life’s conflicts!
Of course, you can always take the Disk Shot outside, but you lose some of the chaos that comes with shooting the disks in the house (and really, the chaos is the fun of it).
I’d recommend this as a family toy. All kids get excited about playing with Nerf guns, and the skill involved at shooting the disks will appeal to most parents. It’s a good way to spend some quality time together.